Lace up shirt DYI

6/26/16



For about a year now this lace up trend is in literally every store possible. Now, I'm not 100% sure if LF Stores are the ones responsible for this trend but they are largely responsible for the social media presence wearing this trend. For a while I didn't like it, I got to admit, I thought it was too grungy for me. However, the more and more I saw it in stores and on celebrities and fellow models I realized it was such a cute way to make a simple outfit more interesting.


I looked into buying some of them and trying them out. In the end, if I didn't like itI just didn't have to wear it. Except the more and more I looked for them, the harder it was to find. I looked online and they were either extremely expensive for what they were or sold out. Then I stumbled a YouTube video. It was a girl explaining how to make the shirts for a third of the price. Unfortunately I wasn't able to find the video but if any of you want a step by step guide just send me a message and I will explain.
 With that said, I put my crafting skills to work. I've never been the one to mess with clothing design or even decorating because I always thought I would mess it up. After finishing this shirt I was very surprised with myself.
Now what you all are probably wondering is how I actually made the shirt so here is the secret:
It's actually a 'recycled' shirt bought from Savers cut up and transformed to the pictures below.



So there it is, it's a super simple DYI which I have actually tried out a couple of different styles on different shirts and they all look so unique. As far as materials go, you're going to have to make a trip to your local Michael's or Joann fabrics. You'll need fabric glue, shoe laces, and rolls of fabric. The fabric patterns and colors are all up to you. Although I do recommend that you get solid colors, such as white, black, and navy. Only because when you go pick up some shirts to DYI you'll want the fabric to compliment the shirt not contrast it.

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Val Daily. Design by Fearne.